Saturday, February 21, 2009

A tiny little heartbeat!

We went for our first ultrasound yesterday and saw McBaby's tiny little heart fluttering! This was about the only thing I could pick out - it's still so surreal that there is a little life growing inside of me! By the way, there was only ONE heartbeat. The rest of it looked like a black blob....
The blob measured about 2.2 centimeters which is smaller than a normal 7 week measurement so our doctor thinks it's more like 5.5 weeks. This would mean a later due date towards the end of October. If we play our cards right we could steal the attention from Aunt Candace's birthday week celebration!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those picture things have always been so confusing to me...im not real
    sure how the woman freaks out and starts crying when she sees the blob
    in movies because I am like what the heck is she crying about? it looks
    like a blob!! lol but i feel like you have crossed to the other side and
    left me here still wondering how someone can freak out with a blob as a
    baby, but i guess ill understand one day.

    your real funny about me and mcbaby sharing a birthday week...i mean, i
    am already sharing my birthday month! this little baby is really
    stealing my "little sister/youngest child- get whatever i want"
    strategy!:)
    Love,
    #1 Auntie

    ReplyDelete